Saturday, February 10, 2007

quiet

Both boys went to grandma's for the weekend (my parents), which is something they love to do and unfortunately don't get to do but maybe 3 or 4 times a year. They live just under 2 hours away but it is enough driving time for me by the time I return home. WH and I naturally miss them terribly when they are not here and it is definitely much more quiet, but I know they are having a great time and don't miss us at all as life at Grandma's is like living like kings. First they usually get to visit with their favorite cousin and Grandma spoils them. SS#1 called earlier to tell his dad something and when I asked what they were doing he said they were at the grocery store. I suddenly remembered that Grandma always takes them there when they visit and buys whatever food they think they will want to eat while they are there. Usually they never want to go to the grocery store with me, but of course I don't buy every thing they want so again its much better with grandma. My mother is truly a wonderful grandmother and they are lucky to have her as I was blessed to have such a wonderful grandma also - my mom's mom which is no surprise.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

We haven't left the kids at my parents yet. I guess that's because ours are a little younger. They sure do get spoiled when we visit, though. That's what grandparents are for, right?