Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Cold! Cold! Cold!!!

I have many things to update about but the biggest thing that stands out the most at this time is the cold. When I left work this morning the thermometer in the Durango said -1. I could definitely feel it as the heat slowly warmed up. The temp was up to 19 when I picked the boys up from school. WH told me to start the Durango 30 min before I leave but I forgot the spare key so I could lock it while its running and I go back inside. It would definitely be nice to get the remote start that we had on our old Durango, but by the time we get around to getting it the cold weather will probably be gone. Anyway, you would have thought that after I froze my but off yesterday morning that I would have remembered the key, but no, I forgot it again, so I will just have to freeze one more time.

Since my last entry I had four nights off of work and went back Sunday night for three nights. I usually dont work 3 nights in a row, but this once it worked out this way. I can't really complain as tonight has so far been easy, which I won't say outloud as those of us that work in the medical field are highly superstitious. Words like quiet, calm, slow are now allowed. The worse part of working this many in a row is just being away from home. I sleep while the kids are at school and WH is working so I see them after school and have an early supper with them but then its off to work. The reward for this three night stretch will be the 5 nights off after.

Will have to catch up with last weekends events later as it was a nice weekend, but better get off here since I am at work.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I know what you mean about those taboo words while I'm at work! I also want to say "Brrrr!" I'm so glad it was up to 70 today here, and sunny! :)