Monday, January 29, 2007

closet clutter








Without the snow like last weekend when we went out to our land in the country and WH and his brothers and kids came out to enjoy the first snow of the season (see pics), we were forced to be inside. It soon proved to be a productive day though as I finally started to clean out our bedroom closet which I have needed to do for some time. It seems to become the free for all space if there is something I don't know what to do with or don't want to put the time into finding the best place for something. Naturally there were mounds of clothing spread acrossed my bed as I sorted through making piles of clothes to trash, give away or take to the consignment store. It is hard for me to throw anything away but I was pretty disciplined yesterday and was able to clear out a lot of space. We can actually walk into the closet without touching anything and can see floor board along the wall!!!YeY!!! It was a lot of work and I was exhausted by the time I finished but unfortunately I still have one more task before it is truly completely done - taking the bags of unwanted clothing to the consignment store and either goodwill or the clothing center. Knowing myself well and the unfortunate procrastinator I am, this will probably take all week before I get it done. But it still feels good to the closet clean.

WH (wonderful husband) worked in the garage and worked on the three deer stands he is making for next hunting season. They are looking pretty good, but still has a lot of work yet to do as he says the work is slow at this point in the project, but truthfully he doesn't mind too much as he is always wanting something to do when it is too cold to go outside. SS#1 (sweet son) and SS#2 entertained themselves much of the day with video games and Basketball in the garage.

Back to school for them today - SS#1 has his last basketball game tonight which will be a relief since they are so unfortunately terrible and I will have to miss it as I work tonight. I usually can schedule myself around his games, but this is a regional tournament game and we didn't get the exact date until about a week ago. It is very cold today as it has been all weekend. Yesterday SS#2 said to me "mom, the windshield is minus 3 today." I said "the windshield?" and he replied "yah, the windshield." Finally I caught on and realized he was meaning the windchill, so I laughed a little and corrected him which of course led to a in depth conversation about what exactly the windchill is, which for those of you that know my dear SS#2 shouldn't be surprised this. I have to admit, SS#2 being 10 yrs old hasn't said anything incorrectly like this for a while and I enjoyed it. I miss some of the cute things they say when they are little.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great snow pics! When the weatherman said that it might "snow" here a couple of weeks ago, Alex got excited, but of course, he thinks of snow like in Colorado. I don't miss driving in it, that's for sure.

Good for you for cleaning out your closet! That's something that I need to work on--maybe later. ;)