Saturday, July 12, 2008

Summer



Well the summer has definitely came up on us quickly and is seeming to go by just as fast. The boys have both been very busy with their summer golf tournaments with the central illinois junior golf tour - http://www.cijgt.com/they had five tournaments in june and have had a little bit of a break in july - Their summer has pretty much involved getting up in the morning, doing their daily chores, riding their bikes to the country club, playing 9 holes, eat lunch there and them swim for a couple of hours- rough life huh! Oh to be a kid again - I'm sure they have no idea how good they have it- though I try to remind them frequently. Brady is getting ready to leave tomorrow for his golf camp at the UofI in champaign. The boys have both faired well, Alex had a rough start but not to our surprise as the tournament level does create an amount of nervousness, he has definitely improved from his first tournament to the last one he has played. Alex actually placed first in the third tournament he played in and was interviewed by the local paper (it was in Mattoon) so he was excited. Brady has been pretty consistent usually finishing second or third., but this is usually out of 12 - 15 players in his age group. Work at Hershey has been good, I have been able to arrange my work days around the golf tournaments. Chad had some time to enjoy some of the summer early on , but is now again starting a three week turnaround at the refinery , but this will be the last one for the year. He is looking forward to the fall as he missed out on the hunting he usually does at that time of year and will get to this year. We went to Nashville over mothers day as a get away weekend for me and we had a nice time. I got to go to the Cheesecake factory for dinner - the boys had never been there and the only time I had was when visited Melanie in San Antonio. Between the golf tournaments and work, I have not taken any time to scrapbook and would really like to catch up- still have all the pics from our Christmas vacation.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michele.......I just read your last Blog(8/28/08)Of course much has happened since then with your trip to California & now school has started and Brady is on the Golf Team.I enjoyed my time with the boys while you and Chad were in Cal.They are great boys(of course I'm prejudice)Michel,I am so proud of you.You are such a great Mother,wife and daughter.You are lucky that you had Melissa as a role model.I know nothing is perfect but I am so happy that you have the life you have with your family and have had the opportunites that you have had for yourself and your boys(Thank you Chad)you are so deserving. You are my baby girl and I love you!Love Mom