Thursday, June 28, 2007

Catch up!!



Guilty as charged, I have completely neglected my blog and appologize to my two readers - Melanie and mom. Summer has been busy and of course we are out of the house so much that I haven't made time to sit down at the computer for more than a quick minute or two. So now that I'm finally here I will try to sum up the past 2 months, though I know I will forget something.


School was out around May 18th with SS#1 out first two days before his brother as the eighth graders get out earlier than the others. SS#1 had a Graduation or 8th grade appreciation night that involved him getting dressed up in a shirt and tie that he picked out himself - see pic. I thought he looked handsome. Since graduation he has kept busy with golf - playing every chance he can at the country club along with private lessons 2 nights a week and his tournaments on the central illinois junior golf tour (http://www.cijgt.com/) have started. He has so far played in three tourneys placing 2nd and then 3rd twice. He is improving his game each time and we are encouraging him that that is what matters the most, not winning. I would of course like to see him win once for his self esteem though. SS #1 also went to the Fighting Illini Basketball camp at the U 0f I last week for 4 days/3nights. He says he had a good time but is thinking of going to a golf camp next year.


SS#1's birthday is coming up late in July and he will be 14. His growing continues to amaze WH and I. We measured him at the beginning of May and he was 5'9 1/4". Then Sunday night - June 24th, they measured again as he "appeared" to have grown more but we truly thought our eyes were just deceiving us, but they weren't, he measured 5'10 1/2"!!!!!! They funny thing is he isn't getting any bigger around the waist, so he definitely is a bean pole!



Now for SS #2. His summer hasn't been as busy, though he has had 3 baseball games a week since the first of June. He has had some great hits and fielding plays but no home run yet and that seems to be his personal goal. His team has only lost 2 times so they and another team are facing off for the Championship title next week. It should be that last game, but our baseball league is starting another baseball league and of course SS#2 wants to play. He has also had some golf lessons and played a few times, but doesn't have the "bug" to play alot like his brother. We have been swimming as much as the weather and our schedules allow. His birthday is Monday and of course he is looking forward to that. He has chosen not to have a party with friends but to take a friend to Holiday World like his brother is going to do. We haven't set a date for that yet, but I think we will try to go in a few weeks.


WH has been busy lately digging a pond at our land in the country. It has been time consuming, but is coming along well and he thinks he will be done this weekend. I've taken some pics but will have to post later.



*shout out to my dear and wonderful mother - Happy Birthday!! Love you!


Pics with this post are from : graduation and a pic of me and the boys that I had enlarged for WH on father's day - he has it in his office.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, I can hardly believe how big BOTH of your boys have gotten. Those are great photos of all of you! How cool that both boys each have their "own" sport that they enjoy. Thanks for updating your blog, Michele! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele

Love the pictures! Brady was so handsome in his graduation outfit! That is a wonderful picture of you and the boys...would love to have a copy. I hope Alex had a "great" birthday!.It is hard to believe that my "baby" has a child that will be a Freshman in high school!! I am so happy that you married a man who values his family!You are such a great little "family unit".

Your Dad and I had a nice time camping as always. We went on my Birthday and came home on July 4th.

This week is the Mo-Do County Fair. Mindy and Kelly took Landon and Kody on Monday evening and the boys rode some rides and went down the big slide, which Kodi loved. He loves going down slides. Kelly went down with him and Mindy said the look on Kody's face was priceless. He also got to pick up ducks and won a car.Did I tell you that he finally got his haircut??Kelly did it with your Dad's clippers. He looks so different but as Mindy says, "now he looks like a boy!" Mindy loves that child to death!I told your Dad that I never thought that I would see the day when Mindy would be taking her"son"to the fair.I am happy for her that he has come into her life.It just breaks my heart that Melissa isn't here to enjoy him. You know that she would be buying things for him and probably going to the fair with him too!

Well I need to close, thank you again for the lovely Birthday card and your shoutout to me on your blog. I love you guys......Mom